LOVLYSMS, Your Source For FREE Mobile Contents

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Popular Posts

Friday, 5 December 2008

Touching story


A GREAT STORY........
 
After 21 years of marriage, my wife wanted me to take another woman out to dinner and a movie.




She said I love you but I know this other woman loves you and would love to spend some time with you.




The other woman that my wife wanted me to visit was my MOTHER, who has been a widow for 19 years, but the demands of my work and my three children had made it possible to visit her only occasionally.




That night I called to invite her to go out for dinner and a movie.




"What's wrong, are you well," she asked? My mother is the type of woman who suspects that a late night call or a sur prise invitation is a sign of bad news.




"I thought that it would be pleasant to be with you," I responded. " Just the two of us."




She thought about it for a moment, and then said, " I would like that very much."




That Friday after work, as I drove over to pick her up I was a bit nervous. When I arrived at her house, I noticed t hat she, too, seemed to be nervous about our date. She waited in the door with her coat on. She had curled her hair
and was wearing the dress that she had worn to celebrate her last wedding anniversary.




She smiled from a face that was as radiant as an angel's.




"I told my friends that I was going to go out with my son, and they were impressed, "she said, as she got into the
car. "They can't wait to hear about our meeting".




We went to a restaurant that, although not elegant, was very nice and cozy. My mother took my arm as if she were the First Lady. After we sat down,




I had to read the menu. Large print. Half way through the entries, I lifted my eyes and saw Mom sitting there staring at me. A nostalgic smile was on her lips.




"It was I who used to have to read the menu when you were small," she said.




"Then it's time that you relax and let me return the favor," I responded.




During the dinner, we had an agreeable conversation - nothing extraordinary, but catching up on recent events of each other's life. We talked so much that we missed the movie.




As we arrived at her house later, she said, "I'll go out with you again, but only if you let me invite you." I agreed.




"How was your dinner date ?" asked my wife when I got home. "Very nice. Much more so than I could have imagined," I answered.




A few days later, my mother died of a massive heart attack. It happened so suddenly that I did to do anything for her.




Some time later, I received an envelope with a copy of a restaurant receipt from the same place mother and I had dined.




An attached note said: "I paid this bill in advance. I wasn't sure that I could be there; but nevertheless, I paid for two plates - one for you and the other for your wife. You will never know what that night meant for me. I love you, son."




At that moment, I understood the importance of saying in time: " I LOVE YOU!" and to give our loved ones the time that they deserve.




Nothing in life is more important than God and your Family.
 Give them the time they deserve, because these things cannot be put off till "some other time."




**********



Learing for everyone with an aging parent, to a child, to an adult, to anyone with a parent. Here's hoping today is better than yesterday and tomorrow.
 
 
--
Yours Truly
Apoorv Jhudeley

Steve Martin  - "I've got to keep breathing. It'll be my worst business mistake if I don't."

0 Comments:

Categories

All DAILY SMS DOSE frndz 2009 Valentines Special jokes GOODAY MSG shayari English FLIRTS THOUGHTS Mobile Reviews Nokia कवीता airtel gprs hacks gprs tips and tricks mobile tips and tricks LOVE Mobile News airtel live hacks gprs hacks Happy B'day Msgz PICTURES nokia tips and tricks KAVITA Love Story gprs tricks grps settings free nokia solutions MUMBAI ATTACKS bsnl gprs tricks mobile tweaks reliance Education India IPL CRICKET MEN WOMEN November 2008 Mumbai attacks airtel gprs activate airtel-free-gprs-trick bollywood bomb blasts business News current Affairs funny Mails mobile internet tips motorola sardarji tricks BEST FRIEND SMS BEST OF BEST Cricket Education News Exams Group SMS Hinglish(Hindi SMS English Mein) ICL CRICKET LALUJI MEN WOMEN Sms to India Swine flu Taglines airtel-gprs-hack bsnl gprs hacks cellone gprs tricks downloads ericsson tips and tricks free sms free-airtel-gprs idea gprs settings mobile softwares nokia 5800 nokia software ringtones 19000 2013 ABSURD SMS ANNIVERSARY-SMS ASCII SMS Ajmal Kasab Blackberry CAT CAT 2009 Application CAT Deadlines DVDFab Platinum 5.1.2.0 Final Entrance Gmail ICC IIM CAT MAKAR SANKRANTI indian festivals MBA MOTOMING A1600 Motorola Aura Mukesh Ambani N96 Orkut Tricks SEX laws SEnsex SMS Tones Samsung Short Ring Tones Slogans TATA DOCOMO TATA DOCOMO GPRS Visual Jokes World cup bhoot billion dollar home blogging tips breaking news diwali do not disturb service download-free-teashark dvd dvd cutter earn 4 free free cellone gprs free downloads free mobile recharge free-gprs free-gprs-airtel ganesh ji grps settings free | gsm tricks gud night hsbc hutch internet tips jaguar jingles mobile hacks money making tricks nortan nortan 2009 nortan anti virus nortan antivirus 2009 politics r.k. laxman reliance communication safety alert suzlon teashartk-free-airtel-gprs-settings tweaks vodafone

Subscribe To Our Posts by E-mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner



Copyright Information:
© 2013 Lovly-sms.blogspot.com
All the articles, posts and other materials on this website/blog are copyrighted to the author of this site. The content should NOT to be reproduced on any other website or through other medium, without the author's permission. Contact: lovlysms@gmail.com